During the #ROC2014 Race Collection Day, i purchased this shoes for RM309 after getting RM120 discount. Reebok put so much promotion to it that i got hooked and attracted to it. Usually i wear size USA 9.5 but that size was not available so i bought size USA 10 instead. A bit roomy but it fits nicely.
The pave was dry but i tested the wet area of the green hills and they managed the climb very well. I was very impressed. However, i started to feel a bit pain at two places. If you notice from the photo above that my right sock did not cover the front very well but the back part is good. The opposite was true for my left socks. So the pain came from the blister at the back of my left foot and the front of my right foot. So after less than 5 km jog, i stopped and walked back home.
You see those hills i tackled were wet and as i said i was impressed. The blister did not look good at all.
It started raining at around 6 am so at the time i left home for running, it was just subsiding and drizzling. I changed a bit. The shoes laces for my left shoe was tied for arch while leaving that for the right shoe normal. I wore longer socks so as to cover both blisters and so i left.
Found these ... http://ask.metafilter.com/109096/How-I-can-best-protect-my-huge-blisters-so-that-tomorrow-I-can-run-a-10K-in-relative-comfort
Day 1
I finally managed to test the shoes on 10th September. I was on two day annual leave due to my second son taking UPSR exam. I took my short Nike socks for the test run.The pave was dry but i tested the wet area of the green hills and they managed the climb very well. I was very impressed. However, i started to feel a bit pain at two places. If you notice from the photo above that my right sock did not cover the front very well but the back part is good. The opposite was true for my left socks. So the pain came from the blister at the back of my left foot and the front of my right foot. So after less than 5 km jog, i stopped and walked back home.
You see those hills i tackled were wet and as i said i was impressed. The blister did not look good at all.
Day 2
I needed to give it another try before the race day tomorrow. However, i took my run longer but slower. Much slower.It started raining at around 6 am so at the time i left home for running, it was just subsiding and drizzling. I changed a bit. The shoes laces for my left shoe was tied for arch while leaving that for the right shoe normal. I wore longer socks so as to cover both blisters and so i left.
- I feel it is better to have the shoes laced for the arch. Somehow, it feels better.
- The pavement was wet and apparently the shoes are very slippery and does not have good wet grip at all. So i ran on the road and the shoes tackled the road surface very well.
- The left foot blister apparently has not recovered well so as of this moment the blister got worse. Only today, i put Gamat on. I need to put handyplast for tomorrow definitely.
- i got new blister ... my right foot smallest finger. I used to get it when i was using my Nike Air Structure 16 which can be explained due to one size smaller. Yet, RATS is half size bigger. Maybe it is due to old socks that i was wearing?
It seems the shoes are eating my feet. I was thinking that whether i need to carry another pair of shoes since it would be 20.5 km tomorrow.
I will make decision before going to bed tonight.
Found these ... http://ask.metafilter.com/109096/How-I-can-best-protect-my-huge-blisters-so-that-tomorrow-I-can-run-a-10K-in-relative-comfort


No comments:
Post a Comment